Updated 20th January 2020)
Following the government's announcement yesterday, the Scout Association (SA) and the National Youth Agency (NYA) have removed the mandatory requirement to wear facemasks. However COVID has not gone away and therefore we still need to adopt various practices to minimise transmission.
Our priority is to keep young people and adults safe.
- Face masks will be optional for Scouts, Explores and Adults - I know a number of adults / leaders have already said they will be wearing them where practical
- Lateral Flow tests should still be undertaken for Scouts, Explorers and Adults as per the rules at school (ideally in the day or two before meeting)
- Anyone with COVID symptoms should isolate and not attend section meetings
- Where possible we will be opening doors (and windows in the Forge) to improve airflow
- In the HQ we will use the fan (with heating if required) to improve airflow
- Key touch points will be wiped down as per the existing HQ cleaning requirements (which have not changed)
- Everyone should use hand sanitiser when they arrive (and leave) meetings unless exempt for various reasons such as allergies